The Territory & The Three Amigos

I cover about a third of the state for my inspections which is how I end up putting so many miles on the TSX. This is a county map of Idaho and the red is the area I cover for my inspections. Boise is in Ada County toward the bottom left.

boise territoryMy office is also currently covering the small Eastern side of the state as well. The guy who covered that territory bailed to do something else and gave little more than a weeks notice that he was leaving. So corporate asked me to cover it until they got someone to take over the territory. Hopefully that will be in the next couple months as this has been a real strain on us. Like my coverage area isn’t big enough already.

Since I’m at the local Acura dealer about every month or so for my 5k mile oil change, I see these guys quite a bit. These are the three main techs at Lyle Pearson Acura, & why the TSX has been a reliable car over the past 8 years.

Here we have Graig HooglandDSC05078And here is Chris DownsDSC05079These two guys are the faces behind the majority of my maintenance logs. If you’ve taken the time to look over the service invoices, you’ll recognize these names. On the invoices where there is no name, I believe is good ‘Ol Don.DSC05080I’m not sure why his name doesn’t show up on any of the invoices. But I know for a fact that he’s also worked on my car as I’ve seen it in his stall. Maybe he’s the Black Sheep of the Acura family? He looks like a trouble maker doesn’t he?

And I have to mention Tammy!DSC05077This awesome lady is the one who does the follow up service calls to make sure the guys did a good job and that I’ll be coming back again. I believe her unspoken job is to keep Travis & Trevor in check. And for this, what ever it is they’re paying her, well… I doubt it’s enough.

And lastly I wanted to add Royce West the sales manager at Lyle Pearson Acura.DSC05082Just look at that perdy smile! This man worked his butt off making sure that our latest Acura purchase was smooth and enjoyable. I would have posted his pic in the Indian Giver post, but I didn’t have a pic of him yet. You’ll hear me talk a lot about Lyle Pearson Acura in this Blog. I’ve been coming here for about 8 years for service (over 70 oil changes and not one complaint!) and have gotten to know most of the employees here over the years. I’m quite fond of this group of people. I’ve been coming here for service longer than most of them have been working here. But because of these people, it feels more like I’m going to a friends house to hang out, rather than going to a dealer for service. Besides giving these guys acknowledgement for their top notch customer service, I wanted to give my readers faces to go with the names when I talk about my Acura dealer. An example of their customer service… a few days ago I got a box from UPS from Godiva Chocolate. Turns out it was a Thank You gift from Lyle Pearson Acura for our recent purchase of our RDX. Maybe I’m a simple guy, but that box of chocolate impressed both me & The Princess! Talk about class! I haven’t seen The Princess that excited over food since she tried King Crab legs for the first time. Almost scarey ๐Ÿ™‚

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Territory & The Three Amigos

Josh,

How big is that area inside the red lines? What is the distance in miles from north to south and from west to east?

Oops. Never mind. I just saw that mileage scale at top of chart.

That area is HUGE!

By my calculations, 120 miles east to west at its shortest and almost 180 miles north to south?

Wow. No wonder you are racking up the miles.

I was too conservative with my previous estimate.

150 miles west to east at its shortest and more than 200 miles north to south?

Forget reaching just 500,000 miles. I say you go for million!

4. clymerdude says:

Yeah, it’s about 1/3 of the state. Maybe a little more. I’m kicking around the 1 Million miles, but that will take about 10 more years after I hit the 500k mark. I guess we’ll have to wait & see.

Is Tammy the one who has to call you and ask if every oil change service is “smooth and silky” or something to that effect? She must have you on speed-dial. I spy a G2 Legend coupe in the background of the picture with Graig!! You should’ve found out the specs on that beauty.

6. clymerdude says:

Actually Tyson, the “smooth & silky” was Nicki. She’s since been promoted and I dont get to see or talk to her too often any more. Tammy is more the “Do I need to go beat somebody up?” type ๐Ÿ™‚

7. guillermo says:

I meant to ask you this before, but doing so many miles, which tires you find better -I mean, which ones last longer? I ask because I will be needing tires soon and do not want to shell out the amount of money that the stock tires cost. Thanks!

I have never had a “smooth and silky” comment made by any of my oil change people. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

9. clymerdude says:

There was two of them Guillermo. The Goodyear Triple Treads were really good (got about 65k miles out of them) and they are awesome in the snow & rain. The only downside is they are really loud after 50%. The tires I liked the most were a Daytona (got almost 60k out of them) but of course, when I wore them out & I wanted to get the same exact model, I couldn’t find them anymore. If I have time, I’ll try to dig up the model of Daytona’s they were & let you know.