The Final 25!

Another month & a half has slipped by & I’m happy to say that this coming week, I am finally going part time. Thankfully, I will be able to spend some time getting back in shape, getting projects done around the house & of course, plow through the last 25,000 miles to my goal! That’s right, last week, this happened…DSC06082With this last 400k milestone now passed, I’m getting pretty excited about finally hitting my goal. Although I have found that life past the 450k mark has been pretty spendy. Taking the last wreck out of the equation, things are finally starting to fail. I’m sure you’ve noticed it as well with all the repair invoices this year.

Speaking of which, lets take a moment to get caught up on those now.

First up we have the 470k Oil Change…470k oilThen of course the 475k Oil Change…475k oil-1475k oil-2A few hundred miles after the last oil change, I started hearing noises coming from the tensioner.  The Acura guys checked it out & confirmed it was the tensioner. I had replaced this at around 220k & now it has come time again to replace it. So it looks like 220k – 245k is about as much as you’re going to get out of tensioner. At least in my case. So I had it replaced again…tensionerThe last thing I need is to have everything lock up during the home stretch!

We also has some noteworthy wrecks com thru the office. Like this Prius…DSC05281Or this Impala…DSC06135 dated

Or this Yukon…DSC00681

Every once in a while I still get to see something cool. Like this Mustang that got some over spray on it…DSC04906

I can’t begin to express how much I’m looking forward to part time. I’ve been working 6-7 days a week, 10 – 14 hrs a day for just about the last 10 years. Getting some other goals started while tackling the 25,000 miles will be my new job. I’ll be able to go see the things that I want to see. Not just what happens to be along the way to a job. So hopefully I’ll be able to share with you more interesting locations & more often.

So tell all your friends. I have a feeling these last 25,000 miles will be going fast. I think I’ll be looking for excuses to go for a drive in the next few months. Thanks for stopping by this quick update. Remember to check out tsxtravels on Instagram & Facebook for some additional pictures.

Be safe out there!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to The Final 25!

1. Matt Johnson says:

As an owner of a 2004 TSX with only 146,000 miles I have been watching your journey with great interest, and shared it with my dealership that has many pictures of high mileage odometers in their service offices. Is Acura aware you are taking this car over 500K? They threw quite the party for the last Acura that went 500K. Exciting!

Hi Matt, & Thanks for sharing my story and taking the time to leave a comment. The answer to your question is that I believe so. If you’re referring to Tyson Hugie & his Legend Coupe, I believe he’s contacted someone at Acura about my car. But I haven’t personally been contacted by Acura at this point. But how cool would that be! Thanks again for following along!

2. Mo says:

I started hearing a squeal from my 06 tsx on cold mornings. Is that similar to what you had? Cheering for you from Columbus OH!

Hey Mo! Yeah, the first time it was a squealing noise back around 220k miles. But it would continue to squeal even after the car warmed up. This time however it was almost like a chugging noise. Totally different from the first time. But again, it was doing it even after the car warmed up.

The tensioner controls the timing chain right? My understanding is that it makes the timing chain tight and reduces or eliminates slack. Did you hear the same kind of noise before the first time that you changed it at 220K or where the symptoms different this time?

Hi Carlos! How’s FL treating you? I’m not sure if the timing chain has it’s own tensioner or not. I’ll have to ask the Acura guys to find out. The one that I’ve replaced is the serpentine belt tensioner. The first time it was squealing, not loud, but loud enough to annoy me and replace it. this time however it was more like a chugging noise. Not like it was struggling or anything. but a completely different noise. Again, not real loud, but loud enough for me.

Does the TSX have two types of tensioners? One tensioner controls the timing chain and another tensioner controls the serpentine drive belt?

5. MrVtecski says:

Another cheers, from Columbus. 500k will be here before you know it!

Sorry for just now seeing this update, Josh! (Belated) congrats on 475,000. The anticipation is building! Hope you and your family have a great Christmas this week. You owe yourself a day off!

7. tonisama0 says:

Have you had to replace the suspension bushings on your TSX? If so, about how long do they last before you notice a difference and what do you replace them with?

Hi tonisama0,
      I have replaced them. I noticed they were starting to show wear around the 300k mark, but didn’t replace them until I had gotten past 400k. (I think, it’s been a while) My car is all stock, so the bushings didn’t have the extra stress of having the car lowered or modified which seems to be pretty popular with the TSX.