11 Year Anniversary!

As most of my long time readers know, the TSX was a wedding gift to The Princess. I’m happy to announce that both the TSX & the Marriage are still going strong.  The latter helped by the former? Who’s to say. But with any anniversary comes reflection. Obviously I’m not going to use this time to reflect on all the personal things that makes the wife my cornerstone. So just relax. I’m going to talk about the TSX.

From the day I drove the TSX off the dealer lot, to this last Wednesday, when I last drove it, the car has always been impressive. It’s comfort. It’s reliability. It’s joy to drive. Few cars have all these things, but the TSX has all three in spades.

Lots of people have driven 500,000 miles and more. But stark few have ever done it, or even thought of doing it in the same car. To be honest, it hadn’t occurred to me until I had already racked up 250,000 of those miles. Even then, with a push from a friend, I hadn’t started to document the journey until just shy of the 375,000 mark.

Now at nearly 480,000 miles, I ask myself, would I do it again?DSC06538Heck Yes!

The TSX has been such a great car, I would definitely do it again. The only thing I’d do different is that I’d let the Princess have it a little longer. Oh, & do a better job of not crashing it so much.  (Palm to forehead)

The TSX has had a busy year in the repair shop during 2015 & has developed a couple new cabin noises, but still starts right up, looks good (when it’s clean) & takes me in comfort & style where ever I need to go without the worry of being stranded. (As seen above) In fact, I’m seriously contemplating a driving trip to Alaska with a couple of fellow road trippers this coming Spring.

2016 will be a big year for me. I’ll be hitting my goal of 500,000 miles sometime this Spring or Summer. Along with other big changes in my life. The biggest of which is that I have switched from working 6-7 days a week, to working 2-3 days a week. This major switch is allowing me all sorts of time to work on other goals that need some serious attention. All positive!

I hope that this year brings nothing but good things for everybody out there. Look for more frequent updates as we get closer to the 500k mark.DSC06624

On a side note, I have reached out to few TSX owners about sharing their story with us here, but they have fallen threw due to busy schedules and such. So I’m going to open it up to my readers. Want to share your TSX story? Reach out to me at tsxtravels@yahoo.com & I’ll get you some details. I recall Carlos wanting to share his story this month & I’m looking forward to that.

Everyone be safe out there on those winter roads.DSC06629

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to 11 Year Anniversary!

Congrats to you and the TSX (and the Mrs) on a very special anniversary! 2016 will be a big year for you. Can’t wait to be a part of it.

2. Charlie says:

Car and marriage lasting 11 years. Impressive. Usually, you’d be lucky if one lasted that long and you had both last that long!!! Congrats!!! Definitely worthy of celebrating!!

3. pawela says:

Congrats on year 11, Josh! I think your TSX definitely needs some Alaska time. 😉

4. MrVtecski says:

Don’t you guys laugh at the beeps when trying to do donuts? It used to make me a little upset turing off the VSA and doing donuts in the snow, but now I just laugh!

5. tonisama0 says:

Congrats on the milestone. My 07 just hit 110k last week.

Second question about repairs. The starter on my 07 TSX failed two days ago after a couple years of rough starts. Have you had problems with the factory starter on the TSX? My mother’s 04 Pilot had a similar starter issue. Wondering if it’s a common problem with this particular starter unit as I believe it’s part of the Acura/Honda parts bin of that era. My sister’s 00 Civic had a different type of starter unit that makes that iconic Japanese car startup noise. That one’s still going strong.

Thanks,
    AS

Hi AS,
      Not sure how i missed your comment/ question. Sorry about that! Ss for our starters, mine did quite well. It lasted to 330,000 miles before i switched it out. Not because it had failed, but just because it was slowing down a bit. It would start the car, just not crank as fast. I did some math on it, & i figuered that OEM starter cranked the car over at least 10,000 times up to the 330k mark. So if there is a problem with the starters, I’m unaware of one. I put another Oem starter in & yet to have any problems.
      Thanks,
      Josh

6. Nate says:

Happy Anniversary to you and the TSX! Always glad to see the mileage climbing even closer to the goal!