I’ve been so busy with work lately I haven’t had time for anything else. I’ve been trying to update this blog for weeks, with no luck. I still in fact have 2 reports to write up & 3 more I saw today. But it’s Friday night & it’s ME time. At least for now.
So it’s time to share the results from my recent compression test & dyno test on the TSX. We’ll start with the compression test. I’ve never had one done before, which would have been nice for a comparison, but, well….hind sight & all. So I’m told by my tech that for my TSX, optimum compression should be between 170psi (lowest) to 210psi (highest). Here’s the results…compression test
As you can see, Chris, during testing wrote in 175psi for cylinders 1&2, & 180psi for cylinders 3&4. Not bad. He said he was pretty surprised by the outcome of the test.
As for the Dyno test, well, that was also a new experience for me. I’ve never had one done before either. I’ve seen videos like everyone else I’m sure, so I kind of knew what to expect.
For a nominal $80, I had her tested. The guys here at Motor Mayhem were great. Jaime was the tech that helped me out with my test. It took him longer to secure the car than it did to actually do the test.
For those out there that have never done a Dyno test before, it’s actually pretty cool. But if your vehicle is almost 12 years old, with the original drive train that currently has over 500,000 miles on it, add a little terror in the mix as well. So how it goes is that they secure your car over the rollers, hook it up to the computer & establish a baseline. Then they start to drive on the rollers until it hits 3rd gear to 3,000 rpm’s. At this point they hit a button on a remote & at the same time, floor the accelerator until redline. We did several runs & I’ll be honest, it was cool. But watching my car redline over & over was a little scary too. I kept waiting to hear an angry “POP” & weeze. But it never happened.
The video below is the last (& best) run we did. There was another guy in the background unfortunately doing some grinding, so it’s hard to hear the TSX. But standing right next to it in person, it was still pretty impressive. Even for a stock TSX. Check it out here…
As you can see on the Dyno Test print out above, the TSX is still putting out about 160hp. Which surprised me, as I was only expecting about 150hp. Not awesome numbers, but for my particular circumstances, not to shabby either! I was pleasantly surprised with both tests. She still has it!
Sadly, I do believe the NAV has cashed in its chips. I may try getting another used disc to swap out to see if it makes a difference, but I’m not getting my hopes up. I’ve been using GoogleMaps on my phone the last couple weeks & beside draining my cell battery like a bucket with a hole in it, it’s been working pretty well.
Like I said, things have been busy & I’ve been stacking the miles on the TSX. She’s taking it like a champ so far. I’ll update again in a couple weeks when hopefully things slow down a little. I need to post the last few service invoices.
I also need to update on what I got from HeelToe. That will be coming soon as well!
I hope everyone is doing well out there & staying safe!
Shout out to euro_warmachine_r following me on Instagram from Orlando FL.